About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 19 September 2016

Through Her Eyes

I was finally home after what seemed liked forever; my legs were still a bit stiff but it was a good ache. I found Django laying in the kitchen when I turned-on the light, she was barely able to move her head to greet me but her tail told the story. I leaned down and cradled her in my arms to move her to her extra big pillow. I laid beside her as the big spoon and told her all about my trip while I rubbed her belly. These days I liked to tell her the story of the day she chose us and we brought her home. She was rescued as a new puppy and spent three months in the SPCA before she tapped Dan on the back of his leg and looked at him with her big brown eyes and oversized ears. He carried her up and down the stairs for weeks because she was terrified of them but slowly she built her confidence and started to try on her own. She struggled with separation anxiety and would pee on the floor if I even left to get the mail; it was the first time I realized how similar we were...with the anxiety, not the peeing on the floor. Then a few years later she was diagnosed with a muscle disease but we did all the work and nursed her back to health knowing she would forever have to take a pill and being completely okay in that truth as long as she was comfortable. The last eighteen months hasn't be easy for myself and my family...and here she was laying drugged up to fend off the pain and has done nothing but console me through it all. I'm hoping I'm not too late...I owe her so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment