About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 17 September 2016

Writer on the Run XXX

I sat at the gate in LaGuardia and watched the times roll back with delayed signs for my flight knowing that if another ten minutes passed I would not make my connection in Toronto. I reflected back to my class and could see the eyes widening and jaws falling to the floor regarding my open marriage...I decided to not tell about the abuse...I refuse to give that another thought or minute of my life. It happened and I made it through; whatever happens in my life is to my credit or to my fault...but it is mine and all mine. It felt so good to light my life and watch the darkness disappear...I'm okay, actually I feel amazing. It's funny how you can fear the secrets and skeletons coming out but it only healed me. My truth makes others uncomfortable and I can understand and appreciate that because it held me prisoner for so long...but it's no longer my issue, it was a chapter in my life but will not make my book. The beauty of writing is that I decide what I put on paper so although you may read about my affairs in the Big Apple...there won't be a single word about the little girl I kept in the cage.

I waved to Ramone behind the counter, we have become airport friends. Looks like he got me on a different flight with an upgrade...life is amazing and the woman who started that run completely transformed after 26.2 miles. Chin up and eyes forward I have a life to get on with...

No comments:

Post a Comment