About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 8 September 2016

Writer on the Run XXV

It's how you finish...and I finished strong. I was met with a lady holding a metal to go around my neck and a gentleman who tried to hand me a bag filled with Gatorade bottles...no thanks, I can barely carry myself let alone ten pounds of liquids. I got pictures taken, congratulated and hugged...what an incredible feeling and accomplishment. Since I opted for the poncho I had to walk to Cherry Hill to claim it which was another mile round trip then I had to climb a few flights of stairs to make my way to Central Park West where he would be waiting for me.

I didn't think I was going to make it even one more block until I could hear him calling me, relief replaced fear. He would carry me if I dropped...I know that much. He and I have an amazing bond that has always been rich in support, love, understanding and kindness. He really made me a better person and continues to challenge me, which isn't always welcome initially but I am so grateful for. We sat on steps while I pulled on his sweat pants and shirt that he brought for me to wear post race...such a gentleman. Now...how the fuck are we going to get to the East Side with all of the roads closed....I couldn't possibly walk...

No comments:

Post a Comment