About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 12 August 2017

Harlem By Day...or Night XXIV

We turned left down the street and as much as I wanted to be happy to be back I was still having trouble letting go of my awful date. We walked side by side to the top of the stairs, we didn't move when we got to the top and it didn't take long for it to sink in, even without saying a word...we'e locked out. We both left the room assuming the other had the keys...gah. My mind started to race, I had class in a few hours and was scheduled to read but the owner wouldn't be home in time and all I could do in the moment was stare at my computer and stack of papers on the other side of the window.

Kaila sat on the step and lit a cigarette, I almost threw up on my shoes when the smoke hit my senses...I'm extra sensitive in my hungover state. I balled my jacket up and dropped it on the front step then slid down the railing and rested my head on top of it. I don't have my things, I can't get to them and I have no idea if I am going to be able to make it to class...literally the one thing that ensures my frequent trips to Manhattan...this fucking day just keeps going...

No comments:

Post a Comment