About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 19 August 2017

Harlem By Day...or Night XXVII

You can't run, you can barely walk fast in a packed subway staton and Penn Station was as busy as they come. We made it to the street where she was going to wonder around and I would run for the keys, I was hoping to be gone for no more than fifteen minutes. That would put us back up in Harlem with more than enough time for me to shower, change and collect my things before jumping back on the number 3 to the village.

I don't remember ever covering this much of Manhattan in half a day. I arrived at her work and waited for a few minutes until she emerged from he elevator with keys. The hardest part was trying to rush small talk, not just because I was under pressure but also because I really liked her; she's interesting and funny...but I gotta go.

I got back in seven minutes then spent ten looking for Kaila and playing "where are you" over text message. My anxiety was working overtime and I could feel the sweat run down my back and into the top of my pants...fuck it, I'm getting on the train and will meet her at the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment