About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 28 August 2017

Harlem By Day...or Night XXXI

Online dating is a cruel joke, a bad punch line and a test of your strength in this new dating world. The picture he used must have been taken in the 70's because I kid you not when I tell you the reaper was hot on his trail. My mouth went completely dry and I slowly lowered myself to sit on the couch...for some reason I didn't even think to run for the elevator. He sat down on the other couch and placed his drink between his knees while he tapped it with his nail and stared across the room at me. I just kept thinking...if he drops dead I'll have my work cut out for me explaining this to the police, his family and that fucking doorman I have to walk past. I never said a word, I wasn't sure what to say or do so I was as happy as could be in that moment when he finally spoke up, until of course the words fell out of his mouth. "So what do you like?" I don't think I am fortunate enough for him to be actually asking me what I like in life and when it comes to sex he pretty much checks multiple boxes of what I don't like. I froze, I didn't want to engage in this conversation or interaction any longer. I was tired and annoyed to the point of not caring anymore about being nice.

He placed his glass on the table and stood up, which was great because then I could make my way back over to the elevator. I turned around to catch a quick glimpse of the view so that it didn't feel like a complete waste of my time. I grabbed my purse and flung it over my shoulder as I turned back towards the exit and should have been a lot more shocked than I was when I saw him in all of his naked glory masturbating on the couch...a couple of years of dating in NYC and I am completely desensitized to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment