About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 6 December 2017

The Longest Summer XXIII

After rushing through traffic and finding our way to the Manhattan Mall I was able to score a little green scooter for my daughter. I figured it would be great for her touring around the UWS considering she has to take twice as may steps as me and would enjoy scooting through the park. It only took her about half a day of running into the side of buildings to find her footing. Before long she was flying down the paths in Central Park and you could hear her giggle with every little hill. Her happiness is contagious, I love seeing her like this and experiencing my favourite city with me. She always stops to pick up rocks or little sticks that she likes to hide in my purses and pockets and it makes me laugh whenever I find them.

I watched her for hours, making friends, riding her scooter and discovering little treasures along the way, wondering if I was like that...and when did it stop? It seems wrong that we lose this just to grow up, don't we need it more as adults? The phases of life are a funny thing...I'm just not laughing...

No comments:

Post a Comment