About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 20 December 2017

The Longest Summer XXVIII

I left just after breakfast and explaining to my daughter why I was having to go back to the place we had just been to less than two months prior. The drive was dismal and I felt all too uncomfortable in my thoughts and loneliness...probably like my father feels on a daily basis. I turned up some music and opened the window hoping it would change my attitude, unfortunately this highway has so many memories and mistakes that I can't ignore them or get around them so I wallow in them.

I stopped for lunch in Dan's hometown where we both attended university. I grabbed a juice and sat in my car, not wanting to have to interact with people and trying to clear the fog and sadness from my head. I grabbed my phone to get lost and stumbled back onto Joseph...the man I was talking to just the night before. He's hilarious and not even a little creepy or pervy and I found the perfect escape with a new friend. He's Irish, like from the motherland and you can tell he used to be a ginger but is now bald...I'm a sucker for a ginger. I laid my seat back and exchanged jokes and banter for almost an hour before I decided to give him my number, I preferred to move to text when I felt comfortable leaving the site. I was a little sad when the hour passed and I had to get back to the highway...but at least now I have him at my fingertips...


No comments:

Post a Comment