About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 17 December 2017

The Longest Summer XXVII

I laid awake for hours staring at the ceiling and wondering how I was going to be able to do this trip again. I sat up and put my feet on the floor, I needed a distraction and luckily my choice of drug is always available. I quietly closed the door behind me and made my way downstairs to find my computer and have a glass of wine. The light from the screen lit up my favourite corner of the kitchen and I put my feet on the chair next to me, took a long swallow of wine and started filling out my profile.

This has never failed to distract me from life and it offers me an escape back to New York even if only in my mind. I loved the chatting, almost getting to know someone and then having the ability to just disconnect and engage back into my real life. Periodically I have become a regular on the online dating scene in New York but if you are able to switch it all off for a few months then it's a whole new group of people when you come back...although there always seem to be the ones that never find a link or a friend or a date.

After my second glass of wine and exchanging banter with a man from Queens named Joseph I called it a night. I have to drive eight hours tomorrow just to meet my brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment