About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 22 December 2017

The Longest Summer XXX

I literally did this drive just two months ago and for some reason I already hate it. Any path that takes me home to Ontario I dread taking. It makes me physically sick and depressed...it's a small town I could leave at any time it's not a fucking prison and still I can't stomach it. It doesn't matter who I visit or where I stay, I always have one foot out the door and ready to run away because I have almost mastered the 'out of sight out of mind' practice when it comes to this place. Here's the thing though...if my mom lived in my hometown I know I would be there regularly to make sure she is okay and doesn't need anything. I want to do that for my dad but find I lack the motivation and that's something I should be able to fake easily.

I watched the sun fall behind the earth in the rearview mirror for the second night as we drove into Wisconsin. Last year I visited Lambeau Field with my other brother so I didn't mind that we cut it out of this trip, this was less of a family trip and more of an emergency "please say I'm a good daughter" trip. We'll drive for a few more hours and be at his door before dinner tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment