About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 11 December 2017

The Longest Summer XXV

We had been home for over a week when I got the call...Dad is back in the hospital. It's not shocking considering his continued lifestyle and health issues but it never mattered to my heart...it always jumped wondering if this would be good-bye. I had just finished preparations for my daughter and Dan's birthday party and wondered if I would even have a chance to be at it. The doctors say he is stable but has lost a lot of blood, apparently he fell on his floor and stayed there for five days without food, water or his medications. My cousin found him when the care aides called to say that my father was not answering the door or receiving their services. My heart climbed into my throat as I listened; he lost some of his memory and is having hallucinations. I felt sick, this man used to be the strongest person in my world and now he is clinging to support...and continues to hold on.

I paced my house for over an hour and then called my brother Trevor; the day after the birthday party we would drive down to see my dad. I was relieved but incredibly sad that I couldn't leave in that exact moment...it's only a few days...he'll wait for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment