About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 23 December 2017

The Longest Summer XXXI

I found his room quickly and rushed through the door; he looked confused when he saw me. I thought he was confused that I would come all that way but then he spoke to me, "my daughter is coming from out west, how will she know how to find me?" My heart sunk and then immediately jumped into my throat...he doesn't recognize me, he has no idea who I am. I was frozen standing in the middle of the room, Trevor was parking the car and I have no idea what to say to my father who now sees me as a stranger. I quickly retreated back into the hallway and slid down the wall just like the tears sliding down my face. I spotted a nurse a few doors down and waved to her since I couldn't do much of anything else. I peeled myself off the floor and and attempted to explain what had happened. She was aware and told me that he lost some memory and is having hallucinations due to the massive blood loss he experienced...they needed more than six litres of blood to top him off. But this wasn't just "some" memory loss...I'm his daughter and he cannot see that in me...

No comments:

Post a Comment