About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 3 December 2015

The Writer VII

The flight was uneventful which was perfect, I grabbed my luggage and made my way to the bus.  It was still humid and hot at 7pm and the bus ride into Grand Central was starting to make me nauseous.  I found myself sitting beside a Canadian author who was in town for a convention and slowly learned that most were either publishers, authors or agents and I can hardly believe my luck.  The universe must set up opportunities and see if you take the bait.  It wasn't long ago that I was sitting beside Angela on a flight and she has a magazine and encouraged me to write and now I write some articles for her...perhaps this is another one of those doors opening.  A few of us in a circle of seats were talking about our work and slowly my story came out and the reactions were exactly what I had hoped for...they wanted to read and I wanted them to read.  By the time I reached the station we had all exchanged numbers and email addresses, it doesn't matter if anything comes out of it because right now the ride is amazing.

I grabbed the first cab I seen as soon as I stepped off the bus and went straight down Lexington to Canal St.  I had never stayed this far down the island but I wanted to be close enough to everyone else to see them regularly but far enough away that I won't run into them unless it's intentional.

I crawled into my cold bed and napped off the car and heat sickness I had been feeling for the last hour.  I have a few hours until dinner then I was meeting a friend in Columbus Circle.  I set my alarm and drift off to the sounds of the city...

No comments:

Post a Comment