About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 28 December 2015

The Writer XXII

I finally popped out on Fifth Ave and found the train to Queens.  I have wanted to tour Astoria for months and only did a brief drive thru with Davis a long time ago.  I found my stop and it was pouring rain by the time I found June's Beattle.

We drove through the neighborhoods and found a great Japanese restaurant where we decided to sit under an umbrella on the street.  June is incredible; his work is like nothing I have ever experienced and I am constantly in awe.  His art is haunting and dark and his life like doll Ava is extraordinary.  I have so many questions about her; she is a life like sex doll he ordered for his final project for school. He paid like ten thousand dollars and all I can think about is how one would clean the doll out after sex.  I thought about asking but then settled for asking if he actually has sex with her...he does not but his photo shoot for eternal happiness definitely makes me wonder.  He told me about how he used to be engaged and after she left him he decided that his project would be a story about capturing a happiness that could never be taken away and it's the only time I can ever remember thinking how romantic and creepy all at the same time.  He is so talented, sweet and amazing and I love learning about him.  June is like no one I have ever met and I really hope that this is not the last time I will see him.  I teased him that he should shoot the cover for my book and once he agrees I made him shake on it...his work is so good I believe he would be able to capture my beautiful crazy spirit with a lens.  
We paid the bill and I waited for him to grab the car.  He's going to drive me back to my hotel and I'm a little sad I have other plans and can't stay longer.

I hugged my new friend before I got out of the car and we promised to stay in touch and get together when we are both in the city.  I stood under the awning of my hotel and read my message from Clarence...he's waiting for me in the bar attached to my hotel...what are the odds?


www.junekorea.com

No comments:

Post a Comment