About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 18 December 2015

The Writer XVI

I pulled up a chair and squeezed between Angela and a hipster who looked to be trying a touch too hard.  I threw him a fake smile in response to his then dove into the conversation already underway.  I was meant to do this, to be a part of a creative writing group and it's natural and fluid for me.  I opened my mac and started my blog, it warmed up my writing skills and I loved telling my story and reliving it from the outside looking in.  I remember that girl and I am proud of her, I'm just glad she is a fond memory that I can recall and no longer a representation of the woman I am today.  I smiled at the screen and published my work for another day.

I could feel Angela leaning over my shoulder and reading my blog and just her presence makes me happy.  She hugged me and took my coffee order; it was going to be a long day...a long fabulous day in SOHO writing for a magazine.  Carl texted me from the train and I made a mental note to surprise him in Philly soon.  Now...what exactly do I savour most in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment