About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 16 December 2015

The Writer XV

Standing in front of Penn Station had become our familiar good bye and today was a little more difficult.  We stood in the shade and prolonged his stay while we smoked and become blinded by the sun.  Carl is the first real friend I have made here and he has become a favourite friend regardless of which city I am in.  He picked up his things and all I could do was smile and hug him.

I watched him walk down the stairs and out of sight before I turned downtown and made my way into SOHO to meet the crew.  The world was moving by me quickly but I just couldn't help but watch it in slow motion. I am grateful I can be here and experience the life here without becoming desensitized...I hope I never become blind to the lights and beauty of the city and that the magic never gets old.  I found the Starbucks and my group at a table...let the writing begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment