About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 12 December 2015

The Writer XIII

I was exhausted by the end of the afternoon and flopped down on my bed.  I have a writing session tomorrow at 3pm in Soho and until then I am free.  I rolled over and checked my phone, not a word from the firefighter, thank goodness, and I turned it to silent so I could nap for a while.

It felt like I just closed my eyes when I heard someone banging on my door and I have no concept of time.  I could barely walk in a straight line or keep my eyes open, the heat drains me quickly here.  I looked through the peep hole and lit up, I almost forgot Carl was my dinner date this evening.  I tore the door open, I was so excited to see him.  He picked me up to hug me, I've missed him. I put his luggage on his bed and opened the wine while he made reservations for dinner in the Lower East Side.  Carl has become a great friend to me and I love spending my NY time with him as much as possible.  He only has one night this visit so we're going to make it count.

No comments:

Post a Comment