About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Another Year Gone VIIII

Morning came far too soon and it felt like I had sand in my eyes, I could have slept for hours.  I opened the back door and walked out onto the roof, it was a good way for me to gauge the weather and dress accordingly.  It was humid and there was a thick smog hovering over the city with the Empire State building poking through.  I walked back in to feed Cleopatra and have a shower in the hopes that it would wake me up.

Any amount of clothes was too many and I was instantly uncomfortable.  I walked up the street to Kennedy BLVD and waited for the small bus to take me to Journal Square so I could then hop on the Path train...it was the fastest way to 14th street and I never minded the the hassle.  Clarence lives in a very eclectic neighbourhood and I love being there; I have never had an issue...even when I wasn't walking Cleo.

The train was air conditioned and I wanted to stretch across the empty seats to nap, unfortunately we will only collect people along the way to bring into the apple.  I just sat there with my eyes closed listening to the guy announce the stops and dreading the heat when we finally reached mine.  I climbed the stairs up into the streets and it is much cooler in the city.  I always feel disoriented when I come out of the subways and have to look for a landmark to to know which direction to walk...luckily NYC is not short on landmarks.  I found the Freedom Tower and crossed 6th...

No comments:

Post a Comment