About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Coaches and Classes XI

I walked into the hotel lobby bar and found him sipping on his gin and tonic.  He is so handsome and looks similar to Dan, but Dan has a charm that most don't possess.  I sat down beside him and ordered a Heineken.  Chris is also in an open marriage but only dates in NY, just like me.  He is from Connecticut and comes to the city a few times a month for work.  He has had about as much luck as I have in the dating world and exchanging stories is something we in the new dating world all come to do...it's like a contest of who had the worst date...I have never lost.  Chris has the same issues as Dan in the sense that most of the women he meets wants to get married and will even wait in the wing if there is any chance the marriage is unhealthy or if there is a chance he would leave for them.  I wanted to be disgusted but in the past 18 months I can really see how single women want married men; I've dated the single men and I am not overly impressed but I'm not looking for a husband.

I watched him staring at the door while people started to pour through it and approach the bar.  He looked at me and gave me a sideways smile just before he gave me a spiel that if any of them ask that we worked together at his previous company.  I have no idea what his previous company is and can only assume we are creating this lie to avoid him having to explain his secret open marriage...it fucking better be open.

The group was far too intoxicated to talk work so he just introduced me as a colleague and not another word was mentioned.  He could feel me staring at him once they left and flashed me his fabulous smile.  "It's open Natalie, we just don't want anyone to know".  I believe him, I have no reason not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment