About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 14 May 2016

Coaches and Classes V

I tried to use Cleo to help me train for the marathon but this dog loses all motivation after two miles and I can't really blame her considering the humidity.  She started to stumble around so I cut the walk short and took her back home where she could relax.  Truth be told I was not in any mood to run in the late afternoon, it was hot and made me feel like I was always in a warm bath.  I refreshed her water and helped her onto the couch while I grabbed a towel and headed back into the shower for a second time.  Cleo was passed out cold on her bed when I finished so I quietly moved around the apartment and got ready for my night at Radio City.

After six outfit changes and twenty minutes of pulling my hair up and letting it fall on my shoulders I was finally walking up 6th and thanking the gods for the light breeze that was pushing me down the street.  I stopped in at a Starbucks and grabbed Mike and I iced coffees, I know he loves them and it's the least I can do considering my next two nights are live entertainment, dinners and reconnecting with my old friend and fellow anxious soul.

The line up was enormous by the time I arrived and it was still only rehearsals.  I texted him then met him around the side doors for the production companies.  I wanted to say he looked great but he didn't; he looked thin with eyes sucked into the back of his head and I wondered if it was love, heartbreak or alcohol.  I handed him a coffee and flashed him my best smile...he knows I know and returned with a crooked embarrassed smirk that told me it was all three.  I looped my arm through his and we walked down 50th away from the crowd...

No comments:

Post a Comment