About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 5 August 2016

Writer on the Run XII

I ran twenty miles today, my last run before the marathon; I finished with a migraine and wobbly legs...but I finished it. It all still felt surreal to me, I was hitting periods of excitement and becoming emotional about crossing the finish line. I flopped down beside Django and peeled off my shoes and socks, too exhausted to jump in the shower just yet. She rolled over very slowly and licked my nose, her support is incredible during her period of pain...completely selfless.

A half hour later I was standing in the shower making a list of everything I needed for the race and decided to pack tonight rather than next week just to be sure I don't leave anything behind. A jolt of excitement ran through me when I remembered that my son would be joining me for a few days and would be waiting at the finish line for me. I miss him terribly since he moved across the country but I'm proud of his accomplishments and drive to compete.

I was drying off and could hear her whimpering in the bedroom, it must be time for another of her pills to help ease her pain. I wish she could talk to me...I wish I could help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment