About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Writer on the Run XXV

Standing in the gate of the third wave and I felt defeated before I even took my first step. I was standing next to a young man from Calgary, Alberta who signed up while drunk one night then woke up to a charge on his credit card and decided to start training immediately. I stood there anxiously eating his carbohydrate nuggets listening to him tell his story and secretly wishing that when they fired the guns that a bullet would hit me in the foot.

I couldn't hear the shots but the people ahead of me started to move so I wished the group luck and slowly followed. About one hundred metres in and I noticed a young woman laying on the bridge surrounded by other runners...she must have fallen among the group of runners and I was legitimately jealous that she was excused from continuing. The Verrazano Bridge was a brutal start but I felt much better coming down the other side and into Brooklyn...how fucking long is this going to take me...earbuds in, music cranked and waving to the people above the overpass...

No comments:

Post a Comment