About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Writer on the Run XXII

I was impatiently waiting at Penn Station with all of my things including my passes for the race. I'd spent much of his life waiting for him in airports when he would come to visit or watching him walk down the long corridor when it was time to leave. I am never so happy as when I see him emerge from the door way and never so sad as when i watch him walk around the same corner with one last smile and wave before he is out of sight. Having him here for this time in my life just feels so right, as much as I want Dan and my daughter her as well, I am looking forward to sharing this with my son...something we will have forever.

Over the past few weeks leading up to the race I could feel my emotions floating towards the surface knowing that I have silently longed for the opportunity to actually follow through with my wants. I could feel it all come rushing through me when he came into view on the escalator and I suddenly feel at home. I love having time with him in NY...it's not always about being single and dating the men of New York...sometimes it's just about being with those I love and sharing my favourite city with them. I wrapped my arm through his once I finally stopped hugging him and kissing his beautiful face...I have four days with him...but it's never enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment