About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 9 August 2016

Writer on the Run XIV

I was nauseous with fear and unsteady nerves when Karen dropped me off at the airport. I would get into New York around 4pm and over to Jersey by 7pm. Clarence was working a long stretch at the fire department then golfing out of town for the next few days so I was glad to dog sit Cleopatra for a coupled of days and then move into Manhattan when Bailey came for a few days.

The airport looked strangely deserted as I walked through the roped path without a person a ahead of me. Typically it's packed with travellers heading to Mexico or other hot destinations...but this morning it was just me and the security crew. I had flying down to a science; I wear Tom's on my feet, Lululemon's for pants and a light t-shirt and jacket...no pockets or belts and my computer is always in my checked bag. I made it through in under ninety seconds and walked straight ahead to Starbucks for an Americano.

I found my gate and settled in until it was boarding time and threw in my iPod to drown out the couple behind me having an intense discussion about their travel itinerary. All I have to do is cross the finish line, that's my only goal at this point. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the back of my chair...

No comments:

Post a Comment