About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 26 August 2016

Writer ont he Run XXIII

Our place on the Upper East Side was a third story walk up and I immediately wondered how the hell I would climb then after the race.  We dropped our things off and headed to the subway to make our way to the West Village. Apparently there is quite the parade on Halloween that goes through the village and I'm hoping to catch some of it before I head back to get some sleep...although I am never going to sleep.

We walked in and out of shops then over to Union Square hoping to catch  glimpse of what all the hype was about. I had never seen stores close so early in the city, for safety reasons with the crowds they have to lock up...makes me wonder how they survive Christmas time...but then again people aren't wearing disguises at Christmas. We walked into Trader Joe's so i could grab some food for the morning before I caught the bus to Staten Island; two boiled eggs, gluten free trail mix, yogurt and cheese.

I could feel my anxiety as the hours ticked by and it was time to hop on the 6 and head back uptown...4am comes early...

No comments:

Post a Comment