About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 20 August 2016

Writer on the Run XX

We only sat for an hour while we exchanged stories and he filled me in on what the other people around us were talking about...I wish I knew more than one language. We picked up our jackets and started walking back uptown to find a place for lunch but was also central to where we were each staying.

We found a small Thai restaurant where I was able to find several gluten free options and we could also enjoy a drink. With our histories out of the way we were able to sit back, eat great food and watch the world walk by...people watching at its finest. I could have sat there all day but he had a plane to fly and I had to get home and off of my feet so I wouldn't exhaust them any longer. He paid the bill and I walked him to Penn Station where he could easily get back to Jersey City. I hugged him and knew I would miss him if our paths never crossed again...standing there made me miss Carl after remembering how often I walked him to the exact same place and said good bye. I watched him walk down the steps before I turned back uptown and headed for Port Authority.

The city is stunning in the fall and I can hardly wait to be running through Central Park in a few days...hoping it would be enjoyable over painful once I finally entered the park to finish the race...

No comments:

Post a Comment