About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 22 August 2016

Writer on the Run XXI

I woke to my phone buzzing, it was my son. He had just left Montreal and was making his way to Manhattan to visit me for a few days and watch me cross the finish line. He was driving to Yonkers and taking a train into Penn Station, I got us an apartment on the Upper East Side so we wouldn't have to go back and forth to New Jersey;  couldn't imagine having to go so far after my run. I had about six hours until I met him just up the stairs from his platform, I was immediately excited and ready to start my day.

I pushed Cleo off of me and we both rolled out of bed and made our way tot he kitchen. I fed her and let her onto the roof to stretch and do her business before we went for our walk. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and laced up for a short two mile walk before I showered and packed a few things to take into Manhattan. I grabbed her leash and watched her wiggle in her sit, almost too excited to sit for even the briefest moment.

We both bounced down the stairs and out onto the sidewalk. Clarence is coming back to watch her while I am in the city running and it's nice to not feel bad about leaving her.

No comments:

Post a Comment