About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 15 April 2017

New Eyes...Same World XIII

I liked seeing him out of uniform, it was easier to forget our common connection and move past the awkward small talk around him. I thought about telling Mike about my visit with John a couple months ago but decided against it...we haven't spoken his name and I was not about to bring it up. Mike had this incredible way of making me feel like I was the only person in the world, he always looked me dead int he eye and I could feel his emotion with each word...he likely has this affect on most people. I was sad when the last of my coffee trickled down my throat because it has always acted like the last of the sand passing through the hour glass and our time was up. He tilted his head back and swallowed the last of his before he put his cup in mine and tossed it in the garbage beside us. I didn't want to leave and I couldn't tell you if it was because I was afraid I'd never see him again or if it was because I was embarrassed to see my son...

No comments:

Post a Comment