About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 22 April 2017

New Eyes...Same World XVI

I called my mother to see if she wanted to go for dinner; thinking maybe having her there would make it less awkward for both he and I. She was already on her way over to see if I arrived so I grabbed my purse and met her out front of the apartment. I loved seeing my mother, she has always given me the sense of home even if we were sitting in a car. She's not happy about my reaction but she's not exactly happy about his harsh reaction of quitting football, either way I'm not looking for approval...I'm looking for forgiveness.

We drove up Main Street and I still hated this city. I remember clawing at the walls wanting to leave and never look back and although I still feel uncomfortable it doesn't leave me feeling confined anymore. Small town Saskatchewan was never a place for me and always made me ache for the outside world of adventure and chaos. We pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant and my anxiety killed any appetite I thought I had...but it doesn't matter because I am not here to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment