About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 28 April 2017

New Eyes...Same World XIX

5am came too fast but I had to get home and wanted to be there for a few days before I was in NY again. My son and I are not at 100% but we will get there, he's a great kid and my apology is sincere. I stopped for a coffee and decided to wait a few hours to get gas, it was too cold to get out and pump it myself. It's still quite dark out while the mist is suspended above the train tracks, this town can be creepy at this hour when no one is around but me. I can't tell you how many times I dreamed of driving out of this town and never coming back; it seemed almost cruel to make me come back weekly but I enjoyed the days of him on the field. Now as I was leaving and watching the city disappear behind me I knew that it would be a very long time until I returned...he was going to be moving with me to go to university and I wouldn't have any other reason to return.

I pulled over and took one last look as the sun was peeking through the clouds and the city was about to wake...this place represented so much of who I am and was, I feel sad knowing I could never leave it fast enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment