About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 30 April 2017

New Eyes...Same World XX

I pulled into my driveway and rested my head on the steering wheel. It was an emotional eight hour drive and this time I didn't have Mike sneaking up on me for a brief escape into his world. I grabbed my overnight bag and purse and made my way up the front steps and into the house. I could hear her giggling with Dan in the kitchen and it's difficult not to smile at her playfulness. I came around the corner to find her in her apron cracking eggs...mostly onto the floor while the dogs slurped it up. Dan was standing at the far end of the counter drinking a beer and trying to give direction...it's a mad house. I walked over and moved the bowl beneath the eggs and smiled over at my husband. This is how I envisioned my home life, nothing is perfect, mistakes are plentiful and that's okay because it's how we learn and grow and find who we are...

No comments:

Post a Comment