About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 2 May 2017

The Adventures of Central Park

She was no stranger to the city anymore and she had preferences about where she wanted to spend her days and evenings. She preferred the Upper West Side around the mid 70's, hole in the wall pizza places, shopping and the short walk to Central Park. At three years old she had her favourites, on any given day in the city we had to see the Statue of Liberty, shop at Macy's in Harold Square and wander through the park to find anything new...except for a kids park...she had her favourite and there was no compromise in that regard. The walk alone from our flat to the 'preferred' park was about 45 minutes with her little legs and I watched her eyes catch the kids flying past her on their scooters. I imagine the kids have scooters because there is not enough room for bikes in the city. "Mama do you think I can use one?" I squeezed her hand a little to reassure her that I was listening, "Wanna try?" She looked up at me with her brilliant smile, "Yes mama. Can we get one?" I smiled to myself as I looked up at the sky and silently thanked the universe for the beautiful weather and life, "Yep, we sure can."

No comments:

Post a Comment