About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 28 May 2017

The Adventures of Central Park XIII

I swear to the god's, LaGuardia if you leave me standing in your airport today with my three year old daughter we may have to break up. We grabbed some snacks and sat in the long hallway with all of the gates...I fucking hate this airport. It's like they go out of their way to make the experience as uncomfortable as possible...well done. The place was packed, people were pouring out of stores just to get to the backs of lines to pay for stuff, flights were being cancelled at rapid rates and if the bitch in front of me steps on my toe one more time we may have an international incident. It's times like these that I wished I smoked, not that it would help me with being in an overly crowded airport. So far our flight hasn't been delayed or cancelled but I have hotels on stand by and at this point just wish it was decided one way or another. LaGuardia literally has one runway and if the wind so much as 'gusts' everything is on the ground and the fucking place shuts down...I've been in airports all over the world and it was in the middle of Queens, NY where I found the absolute worst one...Bosnia included.

I made my way through the wall of people to the Westjet desk and out of the corner of my eye to the left I could see a plane at the gates. Ramoan spotted me looking a little frustrated..."Don't worry Natalie the flight is ready to go". I let out a laugh, he and I go through this regularly. I squeezed my daughter's hand and let the relief wash over me...not too bad of a day. Besides, I'm back in nine days and start the struggle all over again...

No comments:

Post a Comment