About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 15 May 2017

The Adventures of Central Park VII

From the moment she opened her eyes we were counting down the hours until her playdate. Sometimes it was difficult to distract her and it became frustrating when she became obsessed with wanting to do something. We grabbed her scooter and made our way down the five story walk up...I swear I am throwing our luggage down the stairs when it's time to leave. Lugging it up was a serious workout and I thought about changing in the lobby by the time we made it to the third floor. We were heading east on 86th and once we crossed over Columbia we headed south. She was still learning how to ride and had a bad habit of watching her wheels rather than the sidewalk so I wasn't entirely surprised when she almost ran a woman off the curb. I ran up to try and catch her and in her defence the woman was walking with her head down too...although I imagine it was so people couldn't recognize her. She was smaller than I would have guessed but I had only ever saw her on TV so I really didn't have anything to compare her to. Headphones in with her head down walking up the Upper West Side to work or home and my daughter almost crashed into Kelly Ripa...it was cool seeing a celebrity although I never let on I knew who she was. I mean she has been on a lot, almost like the female version of Ryan Seacrest. She never even really looked up, just dodged the scooter without missing a beat. I gave my daughter a brief safety lecture and a wink before we made our way over to Central Park South...we're late...

No comments:

Post a Comment