About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 23 May 2017

The Adventures of Central Park XI

I woke early to gather our things and pack up the house. I liked to be organized and settled because being or feeling rushed with a three year old is more stress than I could handle. I was already dreading the walk down the five flights of stairs but hoped I could do it in one trip otherwise I'd need a shower and change of clothes. I stood by the window overlooking the gardens while I had my cup of coffee...the first of many today. There was a little girl, just younger than my daughter by the looks of her, and she was chasing her kitten through the garden while her mother or caregiver read a book. Many people don't know about these secret sanctuaries that exist in the middle of these older buildings. They are built so there is a hollow centre to have a private garden or whatever you want to put there. I started to think about how difficult it would be to have a small child in Manhattan with limited space both in living and playing but I guess if they don't know different they can't be upset about the comparison. I mean Central Park is right across the street but unless you are a millionaire and I mean multi-millionaire raising your children in a city like Manhattan means never having your own space in the home...the shoebox apartments of many aren't equipped with free spaces.

I walked over to the bed and rubbed her back to help her wake...it was time to go to the airport and as a treat I'm taking her through Central Park one last time this trip.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete