About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 17 April 2017

New Eyes...Same World XIV

I hugged him tightly and let it linger for longer than I should have. This was good-bye...even if we never spoke the words. This strip of road was done for me as my son would be moving with me and I wouldn't have many reasons to drive it anymore. He smiled into my eyes and held my face in his hands, he knows how much I care for him and I will miss our friendship...more than I realized. He opened my car door and handed me my seatbelt. "Drive safely Irish." John used to call me that but over the last several months it was Mike who took the negative out of it and replaced it with his own voice...I liked it again. I winked at him and flashed him a sassy smile...I would have run away with him in that minute, not forever but definitely for a few days. The sound of my door closing and seeing him not he other side of the glass make me feel sick...I already missed him.

I watched him in my rearview mirror until I made it to the top of the hill and crossed over the train tracks...

No comments:

Post a Comment