About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Harlem By Day...or Night XII

He pulled up a chair beside me and sat down at our table as if we were old friends and I invited him to lunch...I did not. Kaila could read the irritation all over my face when he ordered a beer and asked for a menu. Here's the thing, I am not good at hiding feelings or emotions...I can say nice things, fake things, but my expressions always betray me and show my poker hand regarding my true feelings. But Ron is immune to that, it's his superpower to not be able to feel how annoying he is or how others are completely turned off by him. He attempted some banter with Kaila regarding myself but she wasn't interested in playing along, she is never one to laugh at anyone else's expense and already knew I was done with lunch. I pushed my food around my plate while he replayed the slideshow on his phone of all of his rich and famous friends to Kaila...she cared less than I did.

An hour in and it was time to say good bye or throw him in front of a car, and since I didn't think I could throw him that far I asked for the cheque.

No comments:

Post a Comment