About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Harlem By Day...or Night XXI

We left before last call, the vibe was gone and exhaustion set in. I watched Kaila attempt to wrap up her left over chicken wings in napkins and then balance them in her purse while we hailed a cab. We made it out of Chelsea before we actually found an empty taxi.

I was texting Dan while Kaila was learning about the driver. I was feeling a touch sad knowing he was having his big release party the next day and I was not going to be there for him. I had this trip booked long before they planned the party and had I been travelling alone I would have cancelled New York...but I wasn't. My son was flying in for the night to show support, which warms my heart because he is not exactly swimming in cash as he works to pay for school, but Dan is important to him so he wanted to be front and centre. Dan told me his parents would be staying at the house along with his brother and brother's girlfriend so I was feeling relieved that he would be surrounded with his family although I know it hurts him that I am so far away. I was happy for him that they were finally making the trip to support his dream and see our daughter, probably helps that I'm not there. I had texted a few angry words regarding his parents and decided to delete them...their loss...always was...always will be. I love him more than I dislike them...I wish they felt the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment