About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 12 January 2017

A Daisy for Wendell III

I had turned finding a friend for Wendell into a family affair between my self and both of my children, there is no need to get Dan involved until I have good information to give him. Wendell was getting more introverted everyday and even Dan was starting to notice, luckily Dan is an animal lover and Wendell was positively manipulating him on his own. I mean eventually, if needed, I would take the hard line and really push but I'm hoping that can be avoided all together. I had to head back to New York in a week and I knew it was not happening before I left so I was able to relax.

It was difficult as the days rolled on, my son had gone back to school in Montreal and the holidays were over so life could go back to the routine it was weeks ago. I was never really sure if I loved Christmas or not, it brought a lot of anxieties back to me from so many paths like my childhood to the in-laws. The latter was less of an anxiety and more of an irritant...how the fuck do you not call your son and granddaughter on Christmas? I hated looking at my husband and knowing what he thought and being helpless in it all. I mean how does one even begin to explain to someone that actions are not always the best way to read people. I want to tell him that they obviously love and care for him but he hasn't believed those words in so many years I imagine it will fall on deaf ears...but I have to do it. I don't fight for them because I like them...I fight for them because I love Dan and our daughter...so much so that I feel me forcing their hand to be part of their lives...not mine...theirs. Sometimes you just have to step back and let the cards fall where they may...I cheer for them but I'm starting to lack faith.

Wendell came around the corner and laid on my feet, I bent down to pet him and managed to sit down instead so he could have my lap for a quick nap. I slowly stroked his ear and told him about the day I met him...again...


No comments:

Post a Comment