About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 24 January 2017

A Daisy for Wendell VIII

I learned a valuable lesson. I learned that when I am letting a toddler pick a name for a dog that I should always lead with my favourite name. She chose Daisy almost as soon as it left my mouth, I tried several times to get her to say Ruby but the damage was done and within a few hours Cessna was answering to Daisy...maybe she thought it was the perfect name too. Well, to be fair, initially my daughter wanted to call her Django but we put a stop to that all while trying not to explain death to her...she may not realize Django is never coming back.

Daisy was wonderful but after only a couple of days Dan and I started to notice how creepy she was. She only slept where Django once had and showed so many of the same mannerisms from the way she would submit to staring at me from across the room. I didn't think Dan would allow me to get another dog before I flew out to NY and I was feeling a bit guilty that I was heading out right away. I couldn't help but feel a little emotional with guilt wondering if it was too soon to get another pup but when I see Wendell snuggle into her I know it was the right time...at least for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment