About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 8 January 2017

A Daisy for Wendell

I woke early to the sounds of Wendell whimpering on the living room couch. I wrapped myself in my blanket and went out to join him. Sometimes when my children are upset I like to tell the story of the day they were born or the day I brought them home from the hospital, so I curled up with Wendell and told him about the first day we met. I could feel his heart slow when I placed my hand on his chest and smiled into his eyes...my poor poor pup. He's lonely for her and I'm not sure any one of us in the house can help him. Wendell is a different duck in that he prefers other dogs to people, Django always preferred people to other dogs. I wasn't sure how I was going to convince Dan to get him a friend but he needs one because my heart cannot take his heartbreak. He drifted off on my lap while I was lost in my head having an artificial conversation with Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment