About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 16 January 2017

A Daisy for Wendell IV

I think I finally got Dan on board with getting another dog. He was woken up from Wendell crying on the couch in the middle of the night. Dan loves his puppies and I kinda knew Wendell would have to be the one to sell it unfortunately he is using real emotions and is hurting.

We sat at the table and went through the rescue sites to try and find a friend for our Wendell; no puppies, must be good with kids, house trained, not too big and no small dogs. He was sipping his coffee absolutely amazed at how many rescues there were and then the hundreds of dogs they offered. Wendell was never supposed to come home with us, he was on his way to death from a puppy virus and with a rescue that was up and coming and Wendell was breaking their budget fast. With me showing up daily to see him another rescue stepped up to pay the bill knowing he was just waiting to go to his new home. We picked a few to email about and I was guilty of choosing one or two that resembled my Django...I know it's not the same but a familiar face satiates a lot sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment