About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 6 January 2017

The Long island Mike VII

I must have forgotten to block his text messages because I woke to more than a dozen of them. He was sitting at home hungover, scared and devastated. I didn't want to ask too many questions because I didn't want to know the truth, not all of it anyway. He was counting down the hours until his very first AA meeting, all the while trying to convince himself that AA wasn't for him. If he could somehow see the the benefits of this group to anyone struggling then maybe he would go in with a better attitude...I imagine the hangover isn't helping much. He has an appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow morning so the AA meeting should work long enough to help him walk through that door too.

I called him so he could hear a friendly voice rather than read words on his iPhone. The sadness is radiating from him and I wish I could hug him and hold his hand. He called his father to tell him he loves him and finally he let her go as a sign of faith that he would start to love himself and take care of himself. I could almost hear his tears hitting the phone and the sobbing was making my own heart swell. The resilience in this man is incredible and I will miss him but now I can only watch from afar...this good bye should be easier than it is.

I said good bye with a shaky voice and hoped he wasn't aware of my own emotions. This is where our paths part ways...maybe one day they will loop back around...

No comments:

Post a Comment