About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 20 January 2017

A Daisy for Wendell VI

She peeked out from behind the couch but wouldn't make a full appearance. I took my shoes off and placed my jacket on the back of a chair. I was going to give her as much time as she needed to come and meet me. She was playing with the other two dogs in the house and slowly moved closer and closer towards me until I could pet her. Her hair was coarse and falling out around her face and I wondered how stressed she had been in this whole process. This was the first time she was in a house and I have to say that her manners were not all that bad. She liked eye contact and touch, likely due to never really having either. I expected her to be shy but she wasn't, it was fear and once she felt safe she emerged and demanded attention. Her personality was incredible and it was difficult not to laugh and fall in love. It was time for her to meet my family. I expected to pick another date and time to bring them by but the woman insisted I take her home with me and if she fit in with us then to keep her to avoid her having any more trauma.

I placed her kennel in the back seat and let her sit in the front with me; I didn't want her to feel alone and to be able to see everything that was going on. I just got onto the freeway when she started to throw up all over the floor...her poor nerves and motion sickness was too much. She doesn't look like Django but she definitely reminds me of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment