About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 18 January 2017

A Daisy for Wendell V

She is black and white with a little brown around her stunning blue eyes. She was a stray her whole life and was found with two puppies...they were already adopted. They called her Cessna but that would change if she chose our family. She was thought to be about two years old and the pictures weren't able to hide the fear in her eyes. In the end, she was the one we wanted to meet, unfortunately for the rest of the family though...I would go alone to test the waters. We got Wendell through the same rescue...well his second rescue that paid his enormous vet bill. I'm a fan of SCARS and hope this all works out. I have an appointment in a few hours on the other side of the city to meet her and the foster mother assures me that she is house trained and good with children.

I walked over to her ashes still on the shelf and placed my hand over top, it's not about replacing...she could never be replaced. We're rescuers, this is how it should be...we mourned, we continue to mourn but Cessna along with so many other dogs need and deserve a home...Django would be okay with this. I pulled my boots on and grabbed my keys, it's bitter sweet...wishing Django was still here but also trying to be excited for Wendell...

No comments:

Post a Comment