About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 23 January 2017

A Daisy for Wendell VII

Wendell didn't provide much of a welcome for her although he was curious about our new friend. Dan filled up a bowl of water and my daughter stood back waiting for Cessna to come to her. I felt a sadness for this puppy who never had a home and was now being shuffled along. Dan and I agreed that unless she displayed harmful behaviours we would adopt her. I placed her kennel in the den and let her crawl into it for a few minutes just to relax after the long drive and stress.

We went about our evening of getting our daughter ready for bed and cleaning up around the house and every once and a while she would emerge from her sanctuary to check things out. I caught Wendell lying in front of the the kennel door and smiled at how relaxed he appeared. She didn't respond to the name the rescue gave her, which would make it that much easier to change it. I grabbed my book and headed up the stairs to my bedroom...Wendell could use the time to make a new friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment