About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 16 June 2017

Harlem By Day...or Night III

Every time I come to the village I always wonder why I don't spend more time here. I guess it's because I just don't stay anywhere near the area...but it is a favourite. I left Kaila somewhere on Bleeker and made my way east on foot hoping I wouldn't get lost in the streets. The west village is not grid with number streets, it's a maze that has left me frustrated on more than one occasion. I spotted Will waiting on the corner for me and waved to catch his attention, we were already running late for the reservation; he goes out of his way to find gluten free restaurants.

I felt the exhaustion set in by the time we sat down and ordered a bottle of wine...wine was not going to perk me up at all. I was a trooper though, I refused to fly into my favourite city and start out with a nap. I always preferred something fun like dinner with a friend, it helped me feel like a New Yorker like I have an actual life here. I looked across at my date who was part way through a sentence about work, or home...I have no idea...I wonder what Kaila is doing...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete