About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 10 June 2017

Just a Quick Layover V

I didn't sleep a wink. I never do. I just lay there stressed about my flight and watching her sleep because it will be a while before I can do it again. She's growing up so fast and even when I feel stressed I know the stress is short lived in comparison to no longer having a small child that needs me  everyday. I kissed each of her little fingers and slowly rolled out of bed so I didn't wake her or Dan.

I walked through the main floor one last time to collect anything I may have missed and nearly jumped out of my skin when I caught Kaila's reflection in the window. Thank goodness it was too early for the dogs to be up so I didn't have to worry about barking. I threw my iPod into my carry on and joined her on my front step as Karen would be here shortly. I was starting to feel excited knowing I'd have some sort of night life this visit because Kaila and I love to get together and always have a great time. I spotted the headlights coming around the corner at the end of the block and we walked our luggage to the street...a week in New York with a best friend, what could go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment