About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 19 June 2017

Harlem By Day...or Night V

This is the best example as to why I no longer believe the garbage people speak about places they have never been to and only have knowledge through stories. Sure, Harlem has changed in the last few decades and I am certain back in the day it was quite dangerous but I was having a hard time seeing this now. We walked up through the subway station, said hi to a few people that asked for coins and made it back to the room without so much as a dirty look. I don't know if I find it frustrating, disrespectful or just complete ignorance when someone tries to offer me advice about the city I have come to love...and they have yet to visit. I have yet to have an interaction that is uncomfortable with a New Yorker...barring my dating experience that is. Go to Harlem, stay with the locals and enjoy the people, restaurants and culture. Just like anywhere else if you mind your business and are respectful then you go unnoticed, and to be fair I am more afraid of my own city at night than I am of Harlem...take that however you like.

We uncorked a bottle of wine and sunk into a marathon of Gilmore Girl's, she is a huge fan and I have never even watched an episode. Ugh...CVS wine is only 6%...better open another bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment