About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 8 November 2015

Baby Steps XI

I barely got four hours of sleep before I had to rise and shine, hit the showers and head out to meet this assistant for my sons scout.  I wish I could turn my phone off as it starts to sound like an alarm going off every few minutes but I leave it incase my appointment calls.  I'm consumed with this meeting, barely able to sleep and praying to any god that I can help my son continue his dream to play football.  If it comes down to hard work and finances then I'm certain he will make it but I don't know the politics just yet on this side of the country but what I do know is that this particular scout knows how to play them and win.

I pulled up to the diner, laid my head on the steering wheel and said a little prayer.  I applied some gloss and pulled myself out of the cobwebs...I just need them to open a few doors...I know my son will leave it all on the field and be a serious contender if he's given a fair shot.  This kid works out, has a nutritionist and does drills until he has perfected them.  Ten years of hard work, never having a father as a coach and showing up every single day like he had a fair shot while the rest of us knew it was the work of his positive mind along with kind but empty words thrown around by coaches.  He wants to know if he is good enough to play...I think we need fresh eyes on him.  I opened the door and found Neil in a corner booth...

No comments:

Post a Comment